The Presentation letter
The resume or curriculum vitae the most important document when seeking a job. It is considered an essential tool that provides access to multiple work opportunities that may exist in your area of expertise.
With this description it is sufficient to note that you must dedicate time to prepare it properly. It should include all the basic and necessary information because it will be your calling card, your exposure to the labor market. To expand your options, take stock on these notes, which will help you when writing your resume:
- The resume should be brief, concise, well-written, and well-organized.
- Ideally, the resume should be customized for each position for which you apply.
- Prepare the resume on a computer and ensure that there are no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
- Showcase your expertise in one or two pages.
- Select an appropriate style and be consistent in the font you use.
- Use the third person singular. Avoid the first-person.
- Data necessary to include are your e-mail, personal information (name, phone number, and address), career objectives, education, and work experience. You are not required to include references.
- Put the most positive aspects of your background at the top. For example, if you have little experience, but a lot of education, then list education first.
- Your marital status.
- If you have children.
- If you were fired from your last job.